- this tool is free
- Google has more search data than Compete.com does
- this shows bid prices and search volume estimates next to keywords (like the Google Traffic Estimator)
- this shows your current page titles and keywords
- this shows the % of organic and paid traffic going to a URL
For any keyword, the Google Search-based Keyword Tool will show up to 800 related keywords with cost and search volume estimates. This tool also works to show you 100 keywords related to a site, and if you own a website they will show you thousands of keywords that they think you could bid on which are not already in your account. In addition they show your search share of voice (via ads and organic search results) for keywords. This data is easy to export using a handy export button.
There are a variety of cool extra filters that can be applied on this tool, including…
- minimum or maximum search volumes
- bid price range
- low, medium, or high competition
- keyword in URL
- combining URL and keywords as filters
- keyword + general category
- negative keywords
Using a variety of different combinations for these filters you can see many different sets of 800 keywords even within the same subset. Export these different lists a variety of times and you can quickly build a list of thousands of high value keywords.
If you are a paying subscriber, this thread has a few more tips for how to get the most out of this tool.
More: continued here